Do We Need Publishing Tools?
Unless you are living under the rock, chances are you know about the drastic changes in Publishing. Everything we read is now available in a whole new way. Your newspaper, your feeds, heck even your books now come in the Digital Avatar. There’s no denying it. That’s how the evolution is going to be. We are in the digital age, and publishing is rocking the ship of it. Even so, this is just the beginning of greater, much bigger things to come. And we better be ready, cause when they do, our whole reading habits will change forever. Right now, however, we are looking at how you can use the future technology publishing tools to make your eBooks and publications, amazing than ever.
The sweet deal here is, you can get most of these tools for free (via registration and such online). The question is, now that you know what they are capable of, how do you best use them. Worry not, we’ll drop in suggestions and ideas as to their effects. So, without further ado, let’s dive in.,
Scrivener Free Tool For Publishing
The practical, authentic way of making a book is dividing the whole idea into simpler intuitive modules. Did we just confuse you? Don’t worry; it’s way easier than it sounds. That’s what it always is, with Scrivener. You don’t have to worry about a thing regarding cover pages, chapters, parts and appendix, indexes, and such. You have the control over all the aspects of your book at every stage. That’s what the guys at “Literature and Latte” came out with. Grow your ideas in Style – is what the guys say explaining the tools within their ambit. You do need this as a Publishing studio which serves an AtoZ solution set for your publishing needs.
- Wait did we tell you – You can even convert your books into multi formats as well. The only issue (more of a personal wrinkle) is that some users concern that the tool comes across as too technical, and gets a while before you get the hang of it. And yes, lack of non-fiction templates is something.
- Try it for free. The tool is available for the trial period for 30 days.
- You won’t regret it, and we bet, you won’t stop loving it. Also, you can take your works anywhere, as this tool is available for iOS and Android. Check it out for free at this site link.
The Hemingway Tool To Go Beyond
We never do mistakes? Of course, we do. A writer often looks to blurt out the content. You see, it’s the sync between mind and fingers, which types everything that pops up as a thought. A faster way of doing it is remembering what we want to say in the easiest conversationalist way. The way we speak is the way we write. But then, that’s now it works always. Writing is a different way of life, which goes in a more timeless way and needs to comply with all the writing rules and guidelines. Tighten and tweak is the need of the hour. We do that, the whole world does that, and by a whiff, you need to do it too. Enter Hemingway Publishing Tool.
- It’s near human UI, in identifying all the issues with the content you’ve put it. Look, we need to understand that there’s a lot of things you need to tweak a bit, to make them more appealing.
- Hemingway tool lets you in with options to do so. It’s an online tool. Hence you can simply copy and paste your content into the app. The tool scans it, and color highlights the content depending upon the errors and changes.
- Let your writer ego aside, and use the suggestions, and life is bliss. A simple way of getting it, Yellow codes are for complex and long sentences, and Red stands for too dense sentences.
- Cut them, swap them to make it truly awesome. This too comes as a free to use the tool. And there’s the readability score too. Can a seventh grader understand your content? Get using this, and they surely will. Check it out then right now.
Flipsnack Book Creator Tool
The use of Flipbooks is making the reading into more intuitive than ever. See the way we use books, is by flipping through the pages, and lazing around with coffee and happy thoughts all around. Digital ways of doing it are trying to imitate the real ways of life. And hence, FlipBooks are a new way of doing it. You can create FlipBooks, from simpler PDF’s, Doc’s, and more. FlipSnack is a super way of doing it. Run to this website, select the PDF, and voila you have it. The FlipBook of your dreams. The online book tool gives you advanced features to make the output cool to look at.
- Another way of using this tool is to create from scratch. From the base to up. Drag and drop elements all around, pictures and more, and make a book then and there.
- Wait till we tell you, the options you get once you make the book happen. You can share the book from the FlipSnack tool to all other social media accounts.
- Fans and followers get the books with the direct links. Share it and spread the love. For simple projects, of course, you get the free version which allows you to prepare and present five pages worth of FlipBook.
- Yes, we know it isn’t much to drive your next bestselling idea, but serves well to give you a taste of good things to come.
Adobe Voice Tool For Speaking Stories
You know what the most difficult thing is in writing a story? The answer is simple – Writing. To write requires space and time, and way more effort than to think and speak out. Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone write the story while you just narrate it? Here’s where we come to our next tool, The Adobe Voice tool. If you have an iPad, you can make your next book super easy. Pick up your device, and speak to it, as Adobe Voice types it across. The coolest things to happen in Publishing, isn’t it? Forget all the effort you put in, and just sit back and prepare the story. Did we hear – MS TruVoice now? Oh no, that is just not working here.
- Adobe Voice is a brilliant tool to create and publish videos and text materials with super ease. Also, it won’t take much time before you are up and running.
- It takes just seconds to learn how to use, and you can be cranking out professional-looking animated videos in no time. The only catch, Adobe Voice works practically only with iOS at this point of time.
- Android users are a bit out of luck here. But who’s to say that this tool won’t come around with it. While the templates will initially make design choices for you, there’s plenty of flexibility: You can experiment with different themes, fonts, colors, and music.
- Adobe includes a limited number of free soundtracks to use as backing music, though with this new version, you can now use free to use songs from your iTunes collection. Overall, you need to try this out immediately if you are using an iPad.
LuLu Online Publishing Tool
All the fun above gives you the efficiency as well. But do we have something which appeals to the online serious publishing people? We are talking about tools which you can turn to in making the academic books, research books and much more. Enter LuLu publishing tools. LuLu has been one of the biggest and well-known publishing services portals that millions around the world turn to, for making the most of eBooks. They established themselves in 2002, and they’re still going strong. They’ve greatly juiced up their interface over the last few years. Everything you need to know about doing online publishing is right here.
- They offer tutorials, resources, guides, and more to learn with. Save time, read them and don’t go around and around looking for information.
- This is the Noah’s Ark for the self-publishers. You get all the tools you need to make your books come out looking all professional. It’s free and easy to upload your thesis onto Lulu.
- And getting a professional-quality bound copy of it delivered to your doorstep is quick. Moreover, LuLu’s offer services that can create a professionally designed cover specifically for your work.
- To get your research out there, we can assign your work an ISBN and even get it listed on the iBookstore (SM) and NOOK book store.
Story Bird Community Tool
We’re not selling this tool in the offline publishing mode. This tool, Dear reader, is making a huge impact in the online storyboard tools. Create, Read, and Share beautiful looking books with Story Bird. Now, it goes beyond just the making of a book and enters the socializing aspect into it. You ask the world of writers to collaborate their thoughts and achieve the impossible. Millions of minds working on a project is something we never thought was possible, but now StoryBird is changing the game. It’s a great combination of Art and Story. Input elements as you wish with its UI, and within seconds bring out the book you so desire.
- More wonderful things follow when you register on the site. You get to load up your bookshelf with books (as many as wanted) across genres and categories.
- Now, you can also have the chance to interact with the Authors of the books you love. Also, discover a safe and secure environment to publish your stories and exchange notes over the web space.
- The Storybird tool comes with an intuitive iOS app, Lark as well. You can use that as well, to make great looking Storybooks and host them online. If you are a beginner, who wants to bring out a storybook in the best format possible, this is the deal.
EPUB-BUD Publishing tools
With simple tools, today available for free, you can create eBooks on the go and publish them easily. You can also convert eBooks from one format into other, within simple clicks. One of these tools, of course, makes our next entry, actually excellent. Epub Bud publishing tools, lets you create storybooks and chapter books and poetry books with relative ease and gives all the access to online publishing tools. The tools are easy to use, and you can learn using them within a few minutes. What options do we have for self-publishers, cause after those make or break the usability of tool? Let’s list them out. Multiple formats, (PDFs, Docs, Mobi, Epub and more), support for Images and (Videos as well if you are looking to experiment with enhanced eBooks) and then multiple sharing options and embedding options. Online marketing tips are also there for you to use and promote your books. This helps in making the biggest change of publishing. Hence, makes it easy.
Tikatok Publishing Tools
Most of the times, when we talk of publishing, we usually pick a user base of teenagers and adults. Most books are relating to the usual readers. But what about children? How do we use the latest in publishing to bring engaging content to children? And for the most part, the talents and tasks required for making children books are more accurate than anything else. The answer lies in using simple publishing tools like – Tikatok publishing. In one word, K-6 kids love it. TikaTok brings together various elements of creative publishing and makes life super easy for publishers aiming to bring fables for the kids and kin.
- The web portals come with its efficient packages which you can choose from. Although we didn’t find huge differences in the options, the options galore come differently with either of them.
- TikaTok is the key to bringing highly engaging content in a visual manner for the kids. But what can go beyond the mere making of books? Tikatok hits out of the park, when it allows not only the grownups but even the children to make their books. Kids can upload their photos and drawings for their creations.
- They can also take advantage of preloaded project templates for classroom lessons. Tikatok’s digital library contains lots of ideas to get kids inspired.
Calameo Tools For Magazines
Everything was fair and good when books came out in digital format at the turn of the decade. You got your replacements for the classic in the most preserved manner. But the real question came when publishers sat down to think as to ways to bring live content onto online platforms. The trick was to bring the magazines simultaneously in both print and digital platform. And the even better need was to preserve the essence of the print magazine. The style, the vibrancy, the colors, and fashion had to remain similar. You see, they were the main factors of making a magazine. Enter Calameo Online Magazine publishing tool.
- Calameo is an online e-magazine publishing tool that lets you add multimedia and personal branding to all the works you make there. With one-click editing, you can share it instantly. Websites, social media, and more all integrate with Calameo.
- Although Calameo tools are not exact solution for all your magazine things, you can get a good enough idea as to how to use online tools for publishing. Commercial needs can go for the pro version for this online tool.
- Otherwise, for the most part, you can easily use free version which will take you far. It’s perfect for smaller writing projects, like brochure or flyer design.
- Students writing for the school paper can link to custom publications. They can even promote their series of e-magazine using Calameo.
Atavist Publication Maker
We need not just to convert the print matters, but also make them more beautiful. The digital books should reflect the best in future tech and intuitive makings of time to come. This is where beautiful publishing tools which are available for free come into play. Atavist publishing tool is one of the prime tools which allow to create and produce eBooks in the most engaging manner. We live in the age of Instagram, where a picture speaks a million words. The chances of people picking up your content shoot up well when it is laced with images and visual content. Understandably, the logic is we have a goldfish’s span of memory. We live in the age where we remember pictures and colors more than the letters and content.
- Atavist tools deliver plenty many options when it comes to visual matters. And we are not joking around. It has the biggest repository of visual templates. It’s a drag-and-drop editor for creating beautiful online publications.
- With increasingly tools targeting the niche of teenage readers and app users, every tool needs to appeal to this age group. Atavist does exactly this. It brings all the tools which you require to make the book in a few simple steps. Students have total creative design power here.
- They can submit assignments with visual flair. Get them doing presentation and online journaling with this tool. It also supports bigger writing projects. If they’re feeling ambitious, they can promote and sell work if they wish.
Final Words On The Need For Innovative Publishing Tools
The above tools have marked a profound impact in the way we produce books. Although some of these tools require a bit of learning to go about, you have nothing to worry. Once you get the hang of these tools and the ways of using them, you can get to producing books in the easiest ways possible. The results are incredible, time saved is huge, and the efforts make the books stand out. And with print publishing looking at the digital means increasingly, time isn’t far when we only look at the digital eBooks and e-Texts for all purposes.
Since most of these tools are free to use, you can always try them out before doing anything fancy. Once you are entirely impressed with the tools, you can buy into the plans and get going in producing your eBooks in the best way possible. However, when you look at the compound eBooks which are coming out these days, one must wonder if the above eBook tools are enough. Here in comes the ability to bring in expert knowledge to publishing. And that’s where you need to have a professional publishing services company such as us working for you around the clock in the most cost effective way and helping you bring out all the goodness in the world in your works.