The best eBook reader on the market at this point is clearly Amazon Kindle. You can download and read millions of books into the device quickly. Add to that, the array of options inside Kindle tablet devices gives an involving reading experience. Also, Amazon has always worked on improving and updating its features with each new version. Kindle Fire HD is one such device. You can see that Amazon has come a long way in improving its readability. Kindle Fire offers expanded memory, glare protected the display, and up to 8 hrs of battery life. However, Amazon Fire HD still has no support for the Google Play services. But is there a way that we can install Google play services in Kindle devices:
How To Install Google Play In Kindle Fire HD:
Problems With Rooting Your Kindle Device:
Though many private service centers would advise you to Root your Kindle device, it is wrong to deal. The biggest challenges with rooting your Kindle device are:
- As your Kindle device comes with Kindle OS, once you root it, you lose the OS. Also, when this happens, you cannot run Kindle Prime subscription on your device.
- It becomes Unstable. As the Kindle device is meant to work with integrated OS, bricking or rooting it makes the firmware corrupt. And thereby, the device starts to lag or face function issues.
- When you root your device, you end up breaking the warranty. Your warranty becomes void, and you cannot claim it with Amazon service centers in future. Also, you cannot update your Kindle device as and when Kindle brings out new bug fixes.
For the above primary reasons, it is not advised that you root your Kindle device for installing Google Play.
Installing Google Play In Kindle Fire HD WITHOUT Root:
- Enable Developer Options: Here you need to visit Device option under the settings menu. You shall see an option which says Serial Number. Tap on it several times until you get Developer Options item below it.
- Install ADB USB Driver: ADB is Android Debug Bridge. To do this, you need to install Google USB driver on your computer. However, you can also use, RootJunky’s Amazon Fire Tool. In addition to this, you shall need to turn off any other applications running in the background.
- Running BAT file: Connect your Amazon Kindle device and run the BAT file from the above tool. The functional DOS screen will show you the additional facilities of installing Fire Tool. To install ADB driver press enter. The DOS lines will finish up, and you may exit the window.
- Ensuring Instructions Are Met: Press keys to follow. A second screen will appear to ask if you have met system requirements. Once it is ensured the process is completed in minutes.
- Updating Device: After the installation is complete, Windows Device Manager will open up. Here you need to find FIRE under USB devices group. Thereby, you need to the right click on it and update the device. When browse a file from my computer comes up, go to RootJunky folder and select ‘android_winusb.inf‘ file, and click ‘Open,’ followed by ‘OK.’
Problems You May Face After Installation of ADB:
After installing ADB tool into Kindle, you might find that you have some unresolved issues. Here is what can go wrong:
- If the driver fails to install, the chances are that the driver signature enforcement is not off. This is important for windows 8 and windows 10 devices.
- You see a message that says – The folder you specified doesn’t contain compatible software device. In this scene, you need to download ADB driver or Android Studio directly. After this, you need to direct your device manager to this.
- Once the issues are settled, you can move ahead with the installation. However, if you are not logging into Google Play Services officially, you could install a different app from Aptoid and log in from here.
- To turn off Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8 and 10 you shall need to do this. Visit Settings in Windows 8 and within it, more Pc settings and general. In Windows 10, under Update and recovery, select Advanced Startup and click restart now. On reboot screen under two systems, go through Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and Restart. Here you will find Device Driver Signature Enforcement option. Thereby, Click to disable. Also, as a measure restart once and install the root sets.
Advantages Of Installing Google Play Services:
For the most obvious reasons, Google play services support millions of Apps. You get to install, update and sync Android across multiple devices and have a smoother experience. However, is it necessary to have Google on your Kindle devices? It’s basically the user’s choice here. Kindle in itself has Kindle OS installed and gets its support from Amazon Android app store. However, if you wish to use Kindle as a high-end tablet and still be able to enjoy your reading, you can install Google Play on it. In addition to the above steps, ensure that you are not rooting the device unless necessary. Unless that is the case, you can derive pretty good functions out Amazon Android app store which do have a great collection of apps.