Introduction To Aldiko:
Over the years, you may have seen hundreds of new book reading apps come into the market. Most of them are free as well. You can get these apps easily on your devices, like smartphones, tablets, PCs and some eBook readers. Mostly, you will find that these apps are available on web hosts like Google Play, Windows Store or iTunes. You have to just login with your account details, and you can easily install the apps. Moreover, most of these reading apps, have their web companion. This means you can also access your eBooks through browser windows like Chrome, Firefox and so forth. One such highly useful application is Aldiko ebook reading app. Mostly, you can use this app in Windows and Andriod systems or get Aldiko apk for the same. If you aren’t using it already, you are missing out on one of the easiest ebook readers ever.
What Is Aldiko?
Aldiko is just another eBook reader who is making a name for itself in publishing the world. However, if you are using it, or carefully observing it, you will see that Aldiko is a much better option. Comparatively, other book readers such as Nook and Calibre, fail to come close. Let us tell you why. Aldiko is an excellent ePub format reader. It takes in eBooks in any and all types of formats. However, these have to be made in ePub format. That’s the only catch. Otherwise, Aldiko has you covered for every eBook need you have.
Features Of Aldiko – BookShelf:
Apart from being a robust eBook reader, Aldiko is so much more. It offers multiple options to readers regarding personal bookshelf and library, sync options and much more. If you are an avid reader, you can also get into the Aldiko platform, and browse through thousands of books on display. Of course, you can buy them, and they will be available over your apps instantly. The first thing you will observe is you get a bookshelf-like experience. Go ahead fill it up with ePub books, as many as you wish. The limit here is perhaps, the space on the device. You can use the bookshelf, to group your titles basing on author, title, year, type or genre, etc. This way you can find your book easily. In addition to this, you also have a search bar which will help most of the times in finding your book.
Reading Options And Page Options:
Like other eBook reader apps available in the market, you have many reading options here too. Most notably, you can configure the font and background colour for the text, and apply it to one group of books. With the new updates, you get control over how the text appears, by adjusting font size and type, clearing margin sizes, display brightness and page turn 3D effects. The main advantage of using Aldiko app is that you can import your eBook from your system into the app. Go on, read as much as you want, the way you like it.
How to Add Books In Aldiko:
As you saw in the previous discussion, you can with simple steps add all your eBooks into the device quickly. Of course, they have to be in an ePub format for reading on the device. In this regard, you choose one of the following two ways to add books to the device. The guide from Aldiko help and supports, explains the two methods in a very clear manner.
From SD Card:
Perhaps, the easiest way of getting books into the bookshelf is from SD Card. The steps are simple; you can store your epub books onto an SD Card. Place the SD card into Aldiko reader, in the card slot; you have on the device. Start the Aldiko device, and tap on the navigation drawer button. Once you click on it, you will see a file browser window come up. Here, you can point to the folder where you have your eBooks in. Locate the file and check the box next to the file that you want to import, then tap on the “Import” (the downward arrow in a box). This will load up the book and make it available on the shelf.
From Folder And File:
The above method will get your single eBook into the device. However, what if you want to go ahead and load up multiple books at one single time. Don’t you worry! There’s a much simpler way of doing this by just renaming folders. So, you just have to load up the books into a folder, but keep in mind that you need to name that folder as “import.” Once you have the folder set with all the titles that you want for your Aldiko device, you start the app again. Now, you tap the navigation browser button, and in the following window, tap on files. Locate the folder and check the box next to the folder and then tap on “Import” (the downward arrow in a box).
- Some issues may come up while importing your books into the device. Some of them are, a slogan saying ‘Do you want to delete the original files after load‘ may come up. You may choose to do that if you are trying to free up some space on the SD Card. However, the books won’t just disappear.
- They are now safely hidden in the Internal storage of the device. So, it is not that great an option to start off with. You can remove that option altogether. All you have to do is, Just tap on the navigation icon at the top left of your bookshelf. Here, go ahead and select “About” section of the app. See if the box next to “Delete original book files after import” has a tick or not. Click it to stop the command to appear.
- However, please note that if you are importing Adobe DRM-protected EPUB and PDF files, then the steps are a bit more complicated. You will have to authorise your device with an Adobe ID before doing the import.
- To register an Adobe ID, please go to Aldiko Book Reader, tap on “Info” at the navigation drawer.
- After that, select “Adobe DRM” and then click the “Register” button.
- Fill up the information required. Alternatively, you can also register an Adobe ID on Adobe website.
How to Download Free eBooks In Aldiko eBook Reader:
Till now we saw how to get books into the reader. The major way of doing so is through an SD Card. You load it up with books, start up the app, browse for the books. However, did you know that you can load up books easily through online? And that too for free, including the books which are zero cost too.
The steps are super simple. Have a look:
- Open the Aldiko Book Reader and tap on the navigation drawer indicator icon at the top left the corner. This step is perhaps similar to the SD card levels.
- However, this is where you need to select “Feedbooks.” So basically this is where you connect to the online website of Aldiko and get access to thousands of books. Be careful here, as not all the books you see are free.
- Swipe to the left-most tab, select on “Free Books.” Now, this is where you will see what you want. Of course, you will see books from various groups and categories.
- You will be able to browse and download any book you want.
Aldiko Premium Pro Advantages:
To be upfront, there’s not much difference between Aldiko free, Aldiko apk, Aldiko Mobi, and Aldiko Premium version. The deal with the free version is that it can load up your books, and you can view and read them easily. You can get your books from an SD card, as we can see from the above points. Up to this point, there isn’t much difference between the free version and premium version.
However, as per Google Play description, here is where they differ, basing on the following points:
- Though you can open PDF/Epub files in the free version, you cannot edit them in any way. In premium version, you can modify them as well. In addition to this, premium version also gives you freedom in putting highlights within the eBook. You can insert highlights, which will be saved onto the device, the next time you come back to the book.
- One more important factor, which comes with the free version and premium version, is image editing. Apart from highlights and edits to the ePub matter, you can also undertake to edit of the cover images as well. Though you may not use it often, still, it is a nice way of making your bookshelf more attractive.You can update the cover images, with recent posters within this feature.
- The other differences you will find when you buy the premier version is that you can create widgets. You can directly access Aldiko ebook reader app from your home screen, by creating your widget. Widgets are tiny shortcuts which show updates of an app and show information within them. This was you don’t get lost in trying to find out the app.
- The major deals setter is that the premium version of the app will show no ads. So, now you can enjoy your reading with no other disturbances. The screen will be plain and clutter free too. Just you and your books. Sounds good? Well, that’s where you have to take up the premium version of Aldiko.
New Updates And How It Changes Reading:
A few months Aldiko came out with a major update for its app for Android, and within a few days for iOS users as well. Though, initially, the app felt similar as the older version.
However, the following are some features which make the update worth the wait. Some of them are:
- The major feature to come live is how you can use layout screen orientation easily. The tablet version of the app shows it clearly when Aldiko spans the book from edge to edge. Thus, if you have a tablet or a larger phablet, this eBook reading app is what you want for your eBooks. Especially, when we are talking about landscape version, Aldiko goes the distance.
- When you open a book, you can toggle light or dark backgrounds, change the font size and type, adjust the margins, supports bookmarking, highlighting, and more.
- The Text-to-Speech is something that the makers have improved. Now, you can access the ‘mic icon’ from anywhere in the text page, and get the app to speak out the text. This is a great feature when you just want to listen to the book than read it through.
Installing Aldiko App On Kindle Devices:
If you are using an Android-powered smartphone, it is super easy to get this eBook reading app. Simple, just get to the play store and search for Aldiko (Aldiko premium if you are looking to buy the full ad-free version). In case you are not into smartphones but want to use your Kindle device for all your reading things, then follow the below steps:
- Ideally, you shouldn’t find it difficult to load up the app on your Kindle Fire HD device. As you know, this particular device supports APK files and browser download support. In simpler terms, Fire HD is just any another tablet, just brought into the market by Amazon under Kindle name.
- However, keep in mind that you need to allow the Kindle device to accept other APK files from external sources. Usually, you can access Kindle App store, and get your apps from there onto the device. However, you may or may not find Aldiko in that app store. Thus, you have to get it from outside browser.
- To get your Kindle Fire to accept other Apps from outside sources, you shall have to tweak the settings. There’s not much you need to do. Just click on the Gear (settings) icon. Within this, tap the tab which shows ‘More’ settings.
- In more settings, tap on Device settings.Here you will come across several options regarding the Kindle device. Of all them, you need to choose ON for “Allow Installation of Applications”. Now you’ve done the first step in setting up the device for installing Aldiko on it.
Getting Aldiko On Your Device:
- Now, once you’ve saved the settings, the process is simple. Fire up the browser you have on the device and go to the link – Aldiko Zentech. This is the home page of the app, and here is where you will find your app APK file.
- Don’t worry about where to find it. You can go directly to entries and click on the link which says – Download The Latest Version Of Aldiko Book Reader.
- A small pop-up window may appear and ask you to confirm the step. Just say yes, and your file will start to download. Within a few minutes, you will see that APK is in your internal storage’s downloads folder. Click on it, and the app will install into the device. Now, you have the app, the remaining process of loading your books into it similar to above.
- However, you may find that the new updates and bug fixes aren’t automatically coming to your device for this Aldiko app. This is because you got the app from an unknown source. If you are looking to update your app to the latest version, you shall need to do so from the same site link.
- Remember that, sometimes when you update the app, all the data within the app may also go away. You can avoid this from happening, by creating an account for Aldiko, and from time to time, syncing your books to the servers. How this helps is that, if you lose out on books, or end up formatting the device, you are not left at bay. All you have to do is log in the app with the same account, and all your eBooks are back as they were.
How To Use Aldiko For The Best Reading Experience:
Though using Aldiko is like any other app on android or apple systems, there are still some things that you may have to know about. We will try and explain the working of Aldiko in the following few points so that you can make great use of the app:
Logging Into The Application:
Initially, when you launch the app for the first time, you will see a pop-up message which will ask you to register an account with Aldiko. This is useful when you want to sync your books, highlights, annotations, etc. This way you won’t lose out on any content, when you either format or delete the app by mistake. You can always restore the app data from the account. An additional advantage that you get in creating an account is that you don’t have to worry about DRM PDF files. You can now quickly open them up within the Aldiko app. Also, it enables you to open Adobe-DRMed eBooks as well as download your previous purchases from Feedbooks.com. However, registering an account or logging in is optional.
Aldiko offers three ways for you to log in: through Google, through Facebook credentials, or through simple Email login.
If you have Google account and Google app on your device already, you just choose to “Continue with Google” by simply clicking on “Continue to Google” button. After that, you will be asked to give authorization. That’s it. However, if you are using Aldiko app, in different devices, which you maintain under different Google accounts, you may have to log in with your Google account.
If you have a Facebook account and Facebook app on your device already, you can quickly login with that. The process is simple; you just need to choose “Continue with Facebook” by simply clicking on “Continue with Facebook” button. After that, you will be asked to give authorization. That’s it. The only problem you may face here is that you may not get your email updates in your Google account, which will make you lose out on some critical updates.
FeedBooks.com Login/SignUp :
If you don’t have Google or Facebook account, how do you create an account then? The answer is pretty simple, as you can still log in with a Feedbooks.com account. Just select “Log in with Email.” After that, you will be asked to enter your Feedbooks.com account details. If you don’t have a Feedbooks.com account, you can click “Sign up” to set up a Feedbooks.com account first. The main problems with this are that not many people may remember what the login details of Feedbooks are. Obviously, it is easier remembering the Google and Facebook details. And more convenient too.
Why Do You Require An Adobe ID In Aldiko:
Aldiko is an all round eBook reader. However, it shines when you allow it to read PDF files too. In most cases, this is not a major problem. You may face some issues when you are trying to access DRM protected PDFs. By default, Aldiko cannot open them as they are apparently protected. However, You can bypass this protection by just registering your Adobe accounts when asked by Aldiko. Suffice it to say, authorising your device with an Adobe ID is necessary to read Adobe-DRMed eBooks.
After authorization, you will be able to use the Aldiko Book Reader to read eBooks which are in Adobe-DRMed ePub and PDF formats, in additional to eBooks that are in non-encrypted EPUB and PDF formats. Most publishers around the world use Adobe-DRMed EPUB and PDF formats for their eBooks.
However, authorising your device with an Adobe ID is optional, you can still enjoy downloading and reading non-encrypted EPUB and PDF eBooks even if you choose not to allow your device.
Copy And Paste Functions Within Aldiko Reader App:
Aldiko offers a range of compelling features, which make your reading experience all the more rewarding. Never again will you have to look for another reader, once you know how to use Aldiko properly. Features which make Aldiko impressive are its simple tools like Copy and Paste as well. Aldiko supports this function by allowing to transfer the text to the clipboard. You can select an individual passage or line, by long pressing on the starting of the line, till two markers appear. Drag and choose the parts which you want to copy. Once you have your selection, you can tap on the copy options that pops up. The text is now available in the clipboard. This you can paste in any other app.
Other Great Features On Offer In Aldiko:
- Within Aldiko, at the moment when you are reading, what if you come across a great saying? Aldiko app has got you covered. While reading a book, you can share a quote or just some passage of sentences through email or social networking apps, or share to a third-party note app. The feature is similar to copy and paste option. Long press and tap on share buttons which pop up will instantly send the text to connected apps.
- To add highlight, just touch and hold at the start point of the texts that you want to add highlight, then drag to the end of the texts, release your finger, and you will see a pop-up menu. Simply tapping on one of the colour options. However, keep in mind that the highlights options are available for ePub files and not applicable for image PDFs like scans or pictures saved in PDF format.
- You can also access all the sentences that you highlighted previously. Just tap on ‘Go To’ on the home screen of your app, and in the menu point to ‘Notes & Highlights‘. A great feature is that, when you click on a particular highlight, the app takes you back to the material from where it was initially taken from. This way you know the context of the highlight to use it properly. What’s more, you can choose different colours for different highlights too.
- You can also make a choice between different types of page turn effects. Additionally, you can make the app to turn pages with a mere tap. In recent updates of the app, you can just tap on the bottom of the screen to turn the page to the next. Similarly, you can go to the previous page by tapping the top of the screen.
- As with many other eBook reading apps or devices, you can look up the definition of a word, by long tapping it. In the options that come up, you just have to tap on Define or dictionary. Also, as in Kindle, you can easily move back and forth by sliding the progress bar. Or you can click on sections given to make a direct jump.
Reading PDF Files For Aldiko:
Till now you’ve seen how we can easily use Aldiko app for devices, to read eBooks made in ePub format. All you need to do is install the app on all the devices you want for. Then, load up your eBooks on the SD Card, or internal storage, and ask the app to scan for books. It takes care of the rest, mainly arranging them in groups, providing you with some other options, etc. You will see that it also analyses what you are reading. Or what your preferences in genres are. Basing on that, it comes up with a list of books which you may like.
However, Aldiko is great even to view, open and read PDFs. Are you still stuck in Adobe’s PDF readers, with its simple but limited features? The time has come to look at other options. And trust us, once you get the hang of it, Aldiko will become your go-to PDF reader. The steps to read PDF files are very similar.
How To Convert PDF’s Into Aldiko Ebooks:
To convert PDF’s into Aldiko epub books, the quickest, of course, is going for online converting portals. Most of these websites, convert your PDF’s into epub books for free. The below options are available to you if you are looking for Offline modes of converting –
- Calibre: This is an all in one solution for getting your text matters converted into one form and vice versa. You can easily convert PDF to ePub file within a few clicks. However, if you are looking to make a perfect transfer, you will have to get into the coding part of it. This may help you maintain all the alignments, text styles, etc. during conversion. Go ahead and try doing the one click version. Saves a lot of time. A Great thing about Calibre is you can use the tool on a Mac system too.
- Sigil ebook conversion tool: A tool which is almost like Calibre in the way it works is Calibre. Of course, the designs, tools, and layouts are different. Still, they operate on the same core. Hence, if you know how to work on Calibre, the chances are that you can quickly go through Sigil too. The process is same, wherein you load up the PDF and ensure that the conversion happens smoothly.
- eBook Converter: This is a nice little software which you can get for free. This tool not only gives you the ePub version of the PDF file, but it also shows a preview of it. This is helpful in finding the errors in real time and adjusting the text as you like it. A simple click and convert with this tool, helps you quickly get the ePub out easily. This you can read in Aldiko app with just a few clicks.
- Online Tools: Apart from the above options ( there are many more free tools which do the same ), you can also upload your PDF files to online portals which will convert your files into ePub files with relative ease. Even so, it might be difficult to task to upload and convert, as the quality at many times is lost. Also, you can download the same tool (from the portal), and try the conversion offline. You are in a right place if you depend on more on the offline tools than online portals for the lack of security and such other features.
If you aren’t already in the eBook revolution, you are missing out on a lot of great things. In this digital age, any avid reader is looking to get access to millions of books and read them as per his wish and whim. This is where, if you are an author or a publisher, you need to bring your works to a digital platform. We provide world class eBook conversion services with packages which are never a burden on any wallet. Join the new age revolution, and access a reach you’ve never imagined before.