What Do We Need To Know About EBookDroid?
One simple answer. EbookDroid is a highly customizable PDF and document viewer. You control all the aspects of its being by touch and read the documents in the way you want it. And it works well when you want to read PDF’s or documents in DjVu format. Ironically, not many readers out there, give you the option to read DJVU formats, except perhaps its reader. The best thing about Android is its open support for different formats, even though it cannot natively support them. Therefore, an android app like EbookDroid makes life easier by it’s customizable and supportive nature. The easiest way of bringing this app to your device is by just going to the play store and installing. And you don’t have to worry about the pricing.
The best of the features in this app comes for free. Although, you might’ve to get the premium version of EBookDroid if your requirement is for office and beyond personal use. In the universe, full of eBook reading apps already existing, like Aldiko, Helicon, Mantano and more popular Kindle and Moon Plus readers, EbookDroid manages to hold its ground. To simply put it, the eBook reader is a no-nonsense affair. The interface is simple, the UI easy to use, and it supports almost all the popular text formats. There’s not much you want to go forward with otherwise. The magic of Android systems comes well here with this app, lending support to DJVU formats as well. Weirdly, EbookDroid does an excellent job in reading PDF’s than even Adobe Reader for that matter. And that’s saying a lot since PDF is the most popular formats ever.
What Beats PDF Readers? EBookDroid Sure Fights Up
Let’s continue the discussion in the above paragraph. When we said, you can best read PDF’s on EbookDroid we were maintaining it. Our advice – rid out all your other PDF processors and readers. Pick this up, because you are worth it. If you are still using Adobe Reader, and frankly, think you can’t change, well at least try this for size. At least, you’ll see that you can finally access a library of PDF’s which until this point Adobe Reader fails to do. And when we say a library of books, DJVU is one of those formats which Adobe Readers fail to open. But the buck doesn’t just stop there; you can open up formats like XPS (as long as they are open) and FictionBook (Fb and Fb2 formats). In addition to this, you can open your eBook formats like CBR and CBZ, within the book reader.
However, this app is fully functional with Android and not with Symbian and iOS systems. The basic lack of functionality is because the app comes with an open source material and iOS compatibility therein takes the hit. What’s more, you can also load Zip files into the book reader. Now isn’t that just cool? You just can’t get enough of it, once you get used to its range of functions. With all the wonderful things in it, let us show you how you can use it for the full effect. The app itself is regularly updated while its use allows for a smooth read. It gives you all the options you crave for infamous readers such as customizable bookmarks, highlighting, etc. The app itself doesn’t make even the cheapest of Android phones hang up like many other readers available on the Play Store.
Features and Other Awesome things about EBookDroid App
- We saw earlier that eBooks come in all sizes and moods, and EbookDroid app practically supports them all.
- Officially this reader supports the Doc, PDF, and ePub formats. Although primarily the reader works best with PDF, it is equally good with other text formats too.
- You can also find support for other formats like Rich Text Format (RTF), MOBI (which is mostly known as Amazon format) and AWZ3 formats.
- Since the EbookDroid lends support to the ePub file, we can safely say that the app supports the RAR and ZIP files to read. You can point the input to the library within the App, and you can load up the file.
Reading Tools – Features in EbookDroid App
- The biggest feature that this app has beyond any others in its support for open fonts. The simple explanation is that the eBook app brings other fonts to read as well.
- EBookDroid provides a facility called flexible font mapping for PDF documents. In this context, we need to see if the flexible fonts are supported within other eBook formats. Presently, however, you can view your PDFs in any font that you like.
- The process is simple; the app brings up fonts which are within the user files folder. Or if the external font is found in the same folder with the document, this font will be applied.
- To do so, you will need to define the path of the fonts, which you need to apply. The list of directories you need to bring in the app, /SD card/fonts by default where external fonts.
- In case your external font is not supported initially, the EBookDroid PDF & DJVU Reader app will take up a default font in place of it. In most cases, this font will be an appropriate NimbusL font.
- While you can use almost any font within your reader, the question comes down to compatibility. You can load up any, but sometimes user observes a lag in load and stuttering pick up for the device.
- Also, as Android operates on multiple fonts, you won’t have any difficulty loading them up. The only issue being with different apps, you may end up increasing the size of app unnecessarily.
Presentation features of EBookDroid Application
- The presentation of EBookDroid lies in the range of options it gives the reader, which he picks up a book to read. As a user, you can define and customise each document’s layout separately. So, you don’t have to read a user manual in the same way as you read the text material or any novel of your liking.
- When you come across the presentation options of this application, you are in a good place. You have the two-faced pages’ adjustment. Also, there is the two-faced Xerox or a book with wide asymmetric margins or multi-column article.
- EbookDroid also provides you with features to split pages, automatically. You can, as is the case with most of the eBook materials, you can insert page breaks manually as well.
- One more useful feature you get within this app is profile saving. You can save your preferences within the app, specifically and to every document. That way’s your preferences don’t get lost next time you load up your app.
- Other features include instant zoom into column content, without losing out on the main page contents. Of course, the other features that we usually see within other eBook readers, are also there. Text-select, Text-highlighting, and sharing. Also, the free hand’s annotations are one other wonderful feature. You just must pick up your passage by finger touch.
EBookDroid – PDF & DJVU Reader For PC & MaC:
Now, that we understand what the app can do, let’s see how we can use it. EBookDroid is a pure Android app, which you can download instantly from Play Store. However, the makers of the app, have only released the app for Android and not for iOS or Windows. Now, there are two things you can do for using this app. Technically, you could download similar apps, which do a similar work instead of this one. The most apparent apps which you can get instead are Adobe Acrobat reader, WinDJView, MuPDF, Flipping PDF Reader, and more. Although these apps provide with all the similar features you’d usually get in EBookDroid, the experience of reading may be different. You can always use these apps to do the task. However, if you are looking at bringing EBookDroid to Windows, the following are the steps:
- The best way of going forward with installing Android apps, specifically EBookDroid onto Windows platform, is installing BlueStacks application within it.
- BlueStacks is a platform, which reflects the Android environment within the Windows device. Therefore, it allows you to install and operate Android applications anywhere.
- Once you have downloaded BlueStacks into your system, you can now install various supported Android applications herein. You now have just to download an APK file for the app.
- You can search for EBookDroid APK on the net and download it safely to your system. The next step is to load it up in the BlueStacks via File menu sub-item.
- The app will install into the BluStacks platform, and you can use, as you would on your phone. However, you may have to periodically update the BlueStacks app to support your eBooks and text files.
- One other way of doing this is allowing the BlueStacks app to access the App Store (Google Play Store) and then searching for the app. Of course, with this, you need to permit to access the firewall and the play store automatically.
EBookDroid The Best EBook Reader In The Market?
One thing majorly working for this app, is that all the versions are available for free. You can practically get the best in the class features, with future updates too, entirely at zero cost. Yes, we know that most of the eBook readers, even the more significant in them, Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Audible, etc. are also free to use. But, they are close ended loops, where they are highly specific about the inputs they have. To expand on that statement, we all know that Kindle devices (including apps) only accept the text forms in PDF or Mobi formats. The Kindle app refuses to accept other formats like ePub, PDF or CBR in it. The same goes with others as well. If there is no restriction with the formats, there is sometimes a hurdle when it comes to stores from which you can access the books from.
When we look at Kindle, the books you can get there are going to be only from Amazon Kindle store. Similarly, you can only load up books from Barnes&Noble online store, when you are using Nook. The case is very similar to other eBook readers who have strong features. However, in all of these, there are a few eBook readers, which allow for all-inclusive books and stores. Eventually, even these apps charge for the whole set of features (as opposed to just the free versions). That’s where you will see that EBookDroid has a way better things in its existence. The app is entirely free, and the makers assure that you can expect it to stay free for the foreseeable future. And with numerous updates, periodically brought forward by the makers, the app is surely claiming the prize of the best eBook reader app in the market in the present times.