Why is it almost mandatory that educational institutions or education-related foundations convert their physical forms to electronic computer files?
A university handling education forms processing which annually admits 1,000 first-year undergraduate students usually will receive 1,500 applications. For more prestigious universities, the ratio is steeper, e.g.: 1,000 admitted out of 3,000 applicants. When considering graduate programs which only have 30 seats, we’re looking at 30 admitted vs. 1000s applied.
It is even worse for scholarship foundations. The founders of such organizations hire administrative staff to process a scholarship application – which makes up over 80% of their workload, the other 20% being to answer applicant questions via phone and email, and then writing denial and congratulatory letters.
The economic recession has led to an increased percentage of high school students applying to college, as well as college students applying to graduate school. It goes without saying that there will also be an increased percentage of students applying for scholarships. So the application process becomes even more of a nightmare for educational institutions.
This is why it is becoming more and more important that educational institutions and foundations use Education Forms Processing, to convert all of their incoming applications and application documents into text in an electronic file format. Applications processing will be more than ten times easier! In text format, you can easily use Print2eforms’s Electronic Document Management System to filter applications based on any parameters you specify, e.g.: GPA, age, race. Most academic transcripts that schools send in are in physical form, and so your staffs have to painstakingly mechanically sort through applicants who don’t meet the bare GPA minimum that you outlined in the application. – This could take hours or more! By using Print2eforms, this mechanical “weeding out” process would take less than ten minutes – they’ll convert all transcripts to text format and then filtering by GPA takes only a few clicks!
Print2eforms advanced search, filter, and organization features will allow you to search through the essay portion of the applications quickly and automatically filter out essays which aren’t even on the topic that you requested. For foundations that are offering scholarships to minorities, you can filter out applications that aren’t the race you’re offering the scholarship for in seconds!
Human error is inevitable. When your staffs are going through tens of thousands of applications, they will inevitably make a mistake. Some fourth-year college students have reported receiving invitations to join the High School National Honors Society, for example. Don’t risk embarrassing your educational institution or foundation by inadvertently admitting a grossly inappropriate applicant! Computers don’t make mistakes when given the correct instructions! Contact us today and find out more about our Education Forms Processing!