We might be getting busier day by day and the time needed to settle down and read one or two eBooks can be so limited. Nevertheless, reading must continue! It is the most widely accepted way of getting knowledge and information. Since a huge percentage of the world’s population is taking lesser time to read, technology has come up with a solution to ensure knowledge and intelligence are still gained. We can now listen to eBooks not only in Kindle formats but other eBook formats as well. We can either add audio files to our already existing eBooks or embed the audio files in the process of creating new eBooks.
How do we add audio to Kindle eBooks?
If you are ready with many Kindle eBooks that support whisper sync for voice, you can directly upgrade your eBook using the available audio upgrade features. The update must be carried out over a secure internet connection or Wi-Fi network, all you need to do is;
- From the home screen of your Kindle book, click on the Kindle icon that opens the navigation drawer then select on audio upgrades.
- Kindle will match your eBook titles with audio companions from which you can locate the eBook you want to upgrade.
- Purchase your audio companion after which an audio badge will automatically appear in your Kindle eBook.
If you are a writer and you want to make a Kindle eBook with an audio companion, take advantage of the Kindle Textbook Creator application. The Kindle Textbook Creator accepts mp3 audio files. After downloading the application and writing down your eBook, you can use the following procedure to add audio files to the content;
- Open your book by selecting file followed by the open book. The dialogue box for open a Kindle textbook appears.
- Go the folder where your Kindle eBook is saved, select the .kcb file then open it.
- Click on the edit followed by insert button.
- Select audio plugin.
A dialogue box will appear asking you to select the audio file you want to add to your content.
Go to the folder with the audio file and click open.
- The audio file plugin icon gets attached to the cursor.
- Click on the place where you want to put the audio plugin icon on your Kindle eBook, and the icon will appear on the place.
- Use the options on the property panel to customise your audio file.
- To get a pop-up audio player, select a full player.
- To get an in-line audio player who keeps listeners/readers on the page, select Play/pause.
By default, the audio player icon button will appear.
Can we add audio to other eBook formats?
Apart from Kindle eBooks, other eBook formats such as ePUB can have audio embedded within them. The sound feature is however not supported on all devices on which eBooks can be read. The procedure for adding sound to other eBook formats is almost the same to that of Kindle; the writer will need to have separate audio files to embed within the eBook.
Contact us for more information
Do you need to add audio files to your eBooks or are you in search of other publishing services? Feel free to contact our team of experts to see how to go about your various publishing needs. Visit our offices, call, or email us and meet with our highly skilled team of publishing services providers. Enhance your eBooks with us.