Introduction For eBooks and Book Review:
In this age of self-publishing, every author is looking for this avenue to get his works out. It has come as a dream for everyone who wants to bring to the market their books in a proper manner. Also, it means you get to earn royalties on the books, without worrying too much about brokers, publishers, or agencies. You write, and you earn. Now, once you write an eBook, the next step in going forward is hosting the book somewhere. Presently, most of the self-publishing authors prefer Amazon Kindle store. This is a portal brought forward by Amazon, especially for eBook publishing. Further, once you have put up your book for sale, the next thing is the promotion. The following are some of the elements for eBooks sales and Book review:
A. Using Kindle Tools:
- The first thing you can do for promoting your eBook is use Kindle tools. Kindle provides you with tools like Kindle Discount deals, Kindle Lending Library and KDP Select, to push your sales initially.
- These features come to you when you enroll within KDP select. This is an optional feature which you can either opt for or not while getting your eBook up.
- Once you select this, KDP select is applied to your title for 90 days. Within these 90 days, you can get your eBook to additional benefits such as Discount periods ( of 5 days at a time ).
- Also, you can enroll in free giveaway days as well. Within this time you can freely distribute your eBook quickly. This helps you to reach a maximum number of viewers all over the world.
B. Using Social Media Contacts:
- If you are someone who does not want to use Amazon select programs, you can always use Social media means to promote your book. Initially, you may get into Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus, create a profile for your eBook, and promote it there.
- You may have to use additional ads to get your book visible to everyone out you may show interest. While on Facebook you can always go for Boost posts and advertising options to go beyond the simple reach. The concepts of sharing are caring comes forth here.
- Though social media can be of initial use, in promoting your eBook, it can only take so far. The visitors following the link on the Facebook will come to perhaps the Amazon web page which hosts your book.
- But this does not ensure that people who come will end up buying the book. Our following elements will help you convert the visits into sales.
C. Reviews And Recommendations Of The Book:
- One other, and perhaps the best way of making people buy your works is to have reviews. The plan is very simple. People tend to click and buy products which have glowing reviews for them. This goes for all and any product put up on any shopping website.
- Stars, product reviews, ratings, etc. go a long way in creating a positive scenario for the eBook and helps the visitor to buy the eBook quickly. Thus, as an author you have to ensure that such impression is put up.
- Thus, you can get faster sales for your book. Our article helps you find websites where you can place your eBook for reviews. Within these websites, multiple readers and critics will go through your work and provide quick reviews for it.
Top Websites For Book Review- steps:
Before you go on visiting these websites, you may have to consider these below factors which will help you get effective result. Though straight forward asking sometimes helps, you may run into a risk. The critics may plainly ignore you if you ask them more than twice or thrice. To ensure that they take care of your work in a proper manner, you need to follow some guidelines,
Analyse And Research:
- The first thing you need here is that you may have to qualify your work into a particular genre. There are mainly two benefits which arise to you because of this.
- One, it helps you index your book within Amazon, in a separate category ( other than just general ) so that people can search for it easily.
- Two, you will find critics who are particularly interested in the type of the book. As a logic, people who usually go for science fiction types of books, don’t go for historical drama. So on and so forth.
- As an author, your work is to specify what your book is about. And approach the critics and reviewers basing on that.
- Also, this will help you get higher good reviews as the chances of understanding and indeed get the book are stronger with particular critics.
Go Through their Review Policies:
- Each and every critic and reviewer has his preferences. They are specific about which works to process, time-periods they are available in, and more importantly, the way they ensure quality reviews are coming out.
- You may also find some critics who are particular about regions, languages, and territories. You shall have to go through preferences before approaching, and this is critical.
- When you put out your work according to those preferences, chances are higher of the work getting reviewed. Thus, your purpose is served.
Give Out A Personalized Request:
- Once you choose a critic and reviewer who is perfect for your book review, you may have to approach him. There are different ways of doing this, either through a phone call, mail through, etc.
- However, personally messaging the reviewer is the best way to go about it. You shall have to write a personal request, asking the reviewer to go through the material and share back his comments.
- Additionally, you may put in elements such as a small summary of the book, author details, credits to the source if any and much more. The idea is to give him a good enough reason to review your book, rather than plainly ignore it.
Don’t Send Repeated Requests To The Same Reviewer:
- While drafting and submitting an application is one end of it, you still cannot guarantee that the reviewer will take it up. Further, even when he does, he may still not choose to review it at a future point.
- Hence, once you have sent the book, it is out of your hands. All you can do is wait for some communication from him. If you do not receive any communication, you may have to move to some other reviewer after a considerable period.
- However, one thing you should never do is send multiple requests to the reviewer asking him for a book review. You get some you lose some is the idea here.
Do Not Expect A Positive Book Review Or Worse Ask For It:
- Considering the fact that a critic has in his hands your manuscript. Now, where he goes from there is his idea and judgment. There are many factors which go into making a book review. These may include importantly, content, story-telling, factual accuracy, etc.
- If the reviewer finds that he is reading something excellent, he will naturally give a good book review. However, as an author ethics are most important.
- To find honest reviews going in for your book, you must restrain from asking for any book review.
Restrain From Commenting On The Review:
- You have your review. This comes up within online portals like Amazon or eBay and will be seen by thousands of visitors. This is precisely the reason why you should not comment back on the review. This will create a negative impact for the book upon the website.
- Even if it is a great review, it is advisable not to comment further with a ‘thanks’ or ‘great’ or anything. This will just end up in embarrassing the reviewer by exposing him.
- Thus, whatever review you get from your reviewer, just take it as it is. Let the comments and reviews come in, and you will see that eventually your work will in time get mixed reviews, if not great reviews. Let your review be as it is.
Never Offer To Pay For Reviews:
- Whatever you do, do not offer to pay for reviews in your mail to the reviewer. This is just a great negating factor, which will turn the critic against you, and have him biased at your work.
- Therefore, he may lose interest in at least picking up your work or going through it. One more factor that you will have to consider here is that, you cannot put up a paid book review on any bookstores.
- Even if you do, there are high chances that websites may unpublish or de-list your book. Thus, you may have to be very careful in choosing your reviewers and not bribe them.
The List Of Top Ten Websites Find Reviews:
Now that you have a list of do’s and don’ts in place when you look to promote your eBook on websites, you may now see the list of websites where you can approach people to review and post to online websites:
Amazon’s Meet Our Authors Forum:
- A meetup forum where you as an author can meet other authors under Amazon Kindle, Meet Our Authors is more for authors than the reviewers.
- You can naturally interact with fellow writers, and perhaps even ask them to pick your eBook as well. However, the trick here is only to mention your book, then outright ask for reviews.
- This platform is usually helpful if you already have a couple of books under your name.
- However, be careful not to overdo it. This is so because people may not allow you to interact if they feel that you are just using the forum to promote your book and nothing else.
Amazon Top Reviewers List:
- This is perhaps a smart way to find reviewers who are active on Amazon and thereby can help you with your reviews. Amazon releases a list of top reviewers once every few months.
- Although the list includes critics from all the genres, you can still use it. You may select a particular region or type in the list and go on to pick those who matter.
- As it were, you can find a higher number of reviewers if your book pertains to a widely popular genre. Usually, you can see the reviewers posting their email addresses on the list.
- Through this you can approach them personally and send your book to review. However, before you send your book to review, you may have to read their previous reviews and see if they are indeed applicable to your work.
- Once you satisfy yourself as to their capacity, you can then approach them. Also as per discussion above, you will have o read their guidelines before contacting them.
Using Genre Top Best Sellers To Get Your Reviewers:
- Though this is not particularly a separate website for reviewers; you can still find a use for this measure. In the websites where you have got your book up, visit the titles which are similar in either genre or the topic of writing.
- Once you take up the list of similar titles, which the visitors may pick up in addition to your book. Analyse where they happen to get their book review from.
- A neat little trick will be if you post a review of the books you find similar. This will make your profile visible to the writers of those books, who in turn may try contacting you.
- This is where you ask them if they could review your book. Most of them would try and return the favor. Also, you could select the reviewers who stay nearest to your region and ask them to review the book. This is easier to connect with people who understand the local books and novels.
Visit Website Library Thing:
- ‘Librarything’ is a discussion forum website where authors, users, and readers, come together and discuss topics on books they’ve read or have to read. It is more of a social platform which helps you understand trends, ranges, and preferences of readers of books in general, or particular region or criteria.
- ‘Librarything’ works best in storing metadata of millions of books all across the internet, with the help of arrangement with multiple sites like Amazon, eBay, Barnes & Noble, etc. Thus, Librarything has a vast repository of books which they update continuously.
- As an author, you can do a lot many things you can do to promote your books. ‘Librarything’ also gives you options to give away your eBook for free, once you get into ‘Member Giveaway’ category and enroll in it.
- Usually, this is done through a process of drawing, and most of the copies are made available to those who sign up. Although, it is not mandatory, you perhaps can ask people to possibly leave a book review after reading.
Visit Website GoodReads:
- One website which is somewhat similar to LibraryThing is GoodReads. You can register on this site for free, and build your bookshelf instantly. You can do so by going to your profile, bookshelf and entering the ISBN’s for your eBooks.
- If you are an author who has put his eBook for sale on Amazon, you can get the ISBN number in the book store page. Copy this and paste it in GoodReads bookshelf.
- Within seconds you can get your book into the bookshelf. The benefits you have for registering in GoodReads is that you get to join groups within the website, which have both authors, and reviewers in it.
- You can then post a link to group, and ask them to check it out. Usually, more than half the number of group members will go ahead to try the book and leave a book review.
- However, before posting links and asking people to review your book, you may need to contact the group admin and ask for any restrictions on content, rules, and guidelines for submission, etc. This will ensure that whole of the group picks your book up and perhaps in time to drop a book review as well.
Social Networking Sites:
- Search for people who review your genre of the book on Twitter, Facebook, and other social networking sites, and start making connections. Much has been written elsewhere on how to connect with people on these sites, so that’s all I’ll say about it here.
- The best way to get going forward is to create pages and profiles for the book separately. Once you have them, you can promote either post related to the book, or the entire page, etc.
- You may even ask your contacts to share your book posts on their wall and get some attention. Apart from this, you can create author bio pages, which help your readers connect with you over social accounts.
Utilise Google Websites To Approach:
- Of course, the basic rule of thumb when searching for practically anything nowadays is Google. A simple search within Google for freelance book reviewers should lead you up to web portals which provide you reviews.
- You may try various search queries like the particular genre, category or type of content ( poetry or prose ), etc. and pick the freelance reviewers as required.
- The phrases you may use are Book review, eBook reviews, eBook reviews for genre, etc. However, be careful while picking someone to review your material.
- It may so happen that you may pick people who have no idea about the book or may not be as interested as well. It is a better practice to check their previous works as well.
- Try various combinations and think of some of your own, investigate the results, and you’re bound to come up with some good ones.
Services Which Connect Authors And Reviewers :
There are always websites which get you in touch with professional reviewers all over the world. They are available irrespective of language, region, and genre, and can help you get those precious reviews. Additionally, you can directly get the reviewers to post the reviews on websites directly. However, at times sites like Amazon may not take the review if it is not a verified purchase. Thus you may have to ask the review websites to contain it within their websites. Some of these websites are,
- The Book Bag : This site publishes reviews for a specific genre in their own website, and gives links to your book on Amazon. Thus, all the registered users of the website can see the book and review and buy it on Amazon.
- Author Marketing Club : Submit your eBooks for free in this website. Next, announce that the book is available for free. This makes readers pick up the book easily and even drop even a book review in the process.
- 4226 Spruce St : This websites makes reviewers, for book review, get in touch with the authors and vice versa for free. All the registered users are grouped into authors or otherwise, and you may approach a reviewer as per your wish.
Reviewer Directories And Lists:
Apart from online searches, there are specific groups of reviewers that still stick to traditional directories. You can find it difficult in finding them normally. However, there are some directory websites which provide the details of reviewers, most of them every bit professional. Some of these sites which provide information about reviewers are:
- The Book Bloggers List : This is perhaps the best directory website available online for eBook review systems. This website groups the users into three or four categories depending on the genre, category, top reviewers, etc. You can easily pick one basing on your requirement.
- Book Reviewer Yellow Pages : Most of the website features are free to use and can help you find the correct person for the task. Once you have found one, you do have multiple packages to choose from. Some for paid packages allow the reviewers to post within Amazon Kindle store directly.
Peer Interest Creation:
- Another great way to bring about book review for your work is to just ask. You may find authors who have works similar to yours on online portals or social media accounts, and approach them.
- You can ask request them to have a look at your work and leave a review. Usually, most authors are alright to drop a simple book review, if you ask them.
- However, while you can use those reviews, be sure to mention the author’s name in the review so that they get some incentive for dropping in a book review.
Conclusion For Book Review:
You can do so much more regarding eBook promotion. This is so because you have the book readily available for download and the reviewers do not have to wait for days and days together to read and put up their reviews. However, you can do all these promotion activities, when you have a quality eBook in your hands. Approach us for all your digital publishing needs and eBook conversion needs, so that you make people pick up the book with just one glance and minimum promotion on your part.