Have you tried this innovative feature in your smartphone? Or for that matter, have you seen this feature in your system? The feature which allows you to listen to the text on the screen, with a computer, generated voice. Ever heard of the word – Accessibility features. Well, we’re sure you might’ve at least seen the setting as a menu item in your phone. What this does is, it allows you to unlock unusual features of your device. One of these functions includes allowing the smartphone to speak out what comes on the screen. Thus, you don’t have to open your screen, unlock your phone to get the notifications. You can merely hear them out, as and when they occur. However, the feature is important when you take the eBook reading practice into the equation. More applicable in Voice Dream reader.
You will find that this feature auto-reads your eBooks and saves you much time in doing so. Now, when this feature is put to use, there are only some apps which work best. Most of the apps which allow using this feature best are text readers. One of such reader is Voice Dream reader. Lets how this app, coming to serve both iOS and Android platforms, helps to tell a story. Naturally, the reader has a range of features which not only make it stand apart but also do some other interesting things as well. So, let’s dive in. Many critics claim that if you use this app, there’s nothing else out there which will work for you. What makes it so unique and useful then? Let’s find out in our detailed review of Voice Dream eBook reader with solid text-to-speech features.
Features Of Voice Dream Reader On Android:
Voice Dream Vs Other Android Reading Apps:
The essential features which differentiate Voice Dream reader from others are the voice features. More specifically, Text-to-Speech features which allow you to listen to all the text. Voice Dream reader works out like any other AudioBook readers. Therefore, it is somewhat like Audible which is perhaps the best AudioBook reader on the market. Having said that, most of the eBook readers can be brought to read out the text with voice features of the device. Having said this, the apps which are specifically meant to read out, always have that edge over other reading apps like Mantano, Helicon, BlueFire, or even Kindle. Coming to the features of Voice Dream Reader app, the text-to-speech feature is the best. The app in itself is highly customizable as well. Regarding the reading speed, fonts, and phonetics, voices, etc. Voice Reader gives many options.
You can practically define how you listen to your eBooks. Now, these features also help you enhance your reading experience as well. Also, when you load up an Enhanced eBook in ePub or Mobi format within the app, you have multiple options. One of the biggest options is the switch over between text and speech. What we mean by this is that, while you are reading the book you will have the choice to pause and go to reading mode. Depending on the situation that you are in, you can quickly turn between the modes and still get the best out of it. We specifically found the feature to work best on Android device, (when you buy the full version which is just under 10 dollars). Let’s see how it works best in Android here below.
Voice Dream Reader App On Android Features:
Multi-Format Support Over Android:
- Voice reader supports plainly all the main formats of texts that we today have in the market. Of course, this list includes the major player in eBook formats like Mobi, CBR, PDF, and ePub.
- Having said this, the app goes on to work best when you have an ePub to load in. The Android app, when you buy the full version, lets you load up any format.
- However, some features may ask you of in-app purchases which range from 2 to 3 dollars each. Also, you may need premium purchases and support add-ins to have the different voice. Some default voices already come with the app, and for the most part, delivers a superb alternative to reading.
- With multiple voices to choose, Voice Reader goes the distance in making your reading highly pleasurable. The multi-voice formats are specially required when you want to support your local region flavour. Say for example you hail from eastern nations and want the voice to sound local to your needs. Those ways, you will have even more fun while using this application.
- Also, if you have the Voice Dream reader in your learning tools, it is more than just useful. Kids with dyslexia or auditory- processing or vision impairments would find Voice Dream Reader particularly useful.
- The voice templates available in this reader are: Languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Czech, Catalan, Polish, Turkish, Greek, Arabic, Romanian, Icelandic and Welsh, to name a few.
Voice Dream Reader – Connectivity:
Everything looks fantastic. Or rather, sounds amazing. You can listen to content with as much ease as possible. But the question remains – Where do you get the content from. As we are talking about Android application, you can be assured that you many options to bring content to load up in the app. We’ve listed out the import and export features of Voice Dream reader in the following points.
- The app shows real support to all the major eBook reading formats. So, let’s start with something very basic here. The most popular eBook format in the market right now is PDF. A PDF file is a close-ended format which allows you to transfer content between platforms easily. Also, PDF files are edit protected for the most part. However, you don’t have to worry about these things, as the Voice Dream Reader supports PDF reading as well. It supports text extraction from PDF, Plain text, and HTML files in this context.
- To read ePub books on your device, you most probably require them to be open. And by open, we mean that the books need to be DRM-free. DRM usually is applicable for eBooks to protect copyrights of the author. This Digital Rights Management, which helps you provide rights within eBooks may not allow many readers actually to read it. In this context, Voice Reader reads up DRM-free ePub and DAISY audio books as well.
Voice Reader Audio Tools And More:
- Now, for the most parts, you can classify this eBook reader as more of an Audio tool than a text tool. When we do that, the obvious question is whether the app supports the usual audio formats. The answer is, Yes it does. It gives you an option to open up all the major audio formats like MP3, MP4, AAC and more. DAISY audiobooks which usually work on Mp3 formats are quickly loaded up here. The app here can open the zipped MP3 files quickly.
- The cloud services are defining the present age of publishing. We are longer we depending on the physical storage means to store up your books and data. You just need a Google account, and you can access Google Drive, DropBox, and many other online cloud storages. This is perhaps the reason why Voice Dream supports direct loading up the content from your drive. Also, every share recommended app allows you to bring out the books into this app and start reading it.
Getting Books Into Voice Dream Function:
- Apart from Google drive, one more thing that you can use to load up your books here is other portals. This would include the popular websites which allow platform is sharing to other apps. More specifically we are talking about Bookshare and Project Gutenberg, which enables you to browse through millions of eBooks. All you need to do is, sync the book app between portals. And then, instantly you’ll see that all your bookshelf within these portals, will be synced to the app. What’s more, you can go ahead and listen to the books.
- Voice Dream eBook reader offers a lot of features which help you find and discover new titles online. One of these features is a Built-in Browser to download files. You can activate the search box, through the top search bar. Thus, the results are thrown into a different browser, which opens in the app directly. And what’s more, you can also access, preview and download the books. Free or not, you can easily get reading them, and more importantly, listen to new books instantly.
- The other features which come in when we look at the Voice Dream eBook reader for Android are the ability to organizing content. You can’t go amiss with folder view, which will have you store eBooks in the way you want to. Therefore, you can program to double click the ePub to open it by default. Other important features we need to look at is full export text, highlights, and notes. With this, you have a most general reader in your device. Thus, with the discussion, you can safely say that Voice Dream is a reader for all occasions.
Using Voice Dream Reader On iOS and Desktop:
What makes this reader a class apart, is that the tool has its app both for Android and iOS. Of course, it even goes beyond this by providing for Desktop systems as well. The functions, reading abilities and the ease of working with the app are almost the same. The software tool and the app work best in making the reading enjoyable. We saw how the Android app fares in the market and how it makes a large impact in the eBook readers scenario. However, you may have to add some of these features to iOS systems as well, as the app works great on the iPhones and iPads. Let’s see what makes it a better iOS app than the Android app.
- As with the Android version of things, you get the premium version for the app at iTunes. And is with any other real application, it’s better if you can buy the full version. With every purchase of the app, you get one premium Acapella voice of your choice. This means that you can practically start reading as soon as you buy the app. However, you will have to purchase other voices to make it more relatable.
- In addition to the restriction, you will have added luck buying this app in the iOS store. Apart from the above set of one voice, when you buy the book you automatically get 36 built-in iOS voices in 27 different languages for free. This is something else when you talk about using this app in Android.
- However, you can get more premium voices with the help of in-app purchases. With in-app purchases, you can get around 200+ additional premium voices in 30 languages from Acapela, Neo Speech and Ivona available.
- Within iOS features, you will get personal dictionary within the app. With this, you can get a clear pronunciation dictionary. This way you will get to hear the books, but also get around with speaking out the language in the way you want it to. Also, the voices and words are all recorded in an offline mode so that you never lose out on them.
- As with the Android app, the iOS app also allows you to put eBooks from various cloud storages. And when it comes to iOS, the cloud storage we are looking at is iCloud which allows constant syncing of books to and fro.
- With iOS, you also get plenty of things regarding Bookmarks and browser markups. The Voice Dream app lends a native browser support for Safari. A dedicated Safari extension for the app is also available which gives you easy options to save eBooks and textual content to the PC.
- Your entire library, including folders, reading locations, bookmarks, and annotations are synchronised across all your devices using iCloud Drive.
How To Use Voice Dream Reader Effectively:
Till now we’ve seen what the eBook reader can do. But now, we’ll understand why the reader is so preferred by critics and avid eBook readers across all platforms. The main reason is perhaps the ease of use in loading up the Voice Dream Reader and playing the audio eBook files in it. In this way, it goes past readers like Mantano, Helicon, and Aldiko which pride in quick loads. When we look at how we can work with this particular app in systems, it’s pretty easy.
Quite simply, Voice Dream is like listing to articles being read on your music player. You just tap the play button or double-tap with your index finger to initiate the voice reading of a document. And while no, the voice reading doesn’t sound as pleasant as when your mom read to you as a child, the digital voice reading is not annoying. This is why Voice Reader looks to be a step ahead of other Audiobooks eBook reader. If you’re using Voice Dream for study purposes, it includes a handy highlighter, bookmark and note taking a tool, and a built-in dictionary. Text annotations are saved in the app and can be exported to another supporting iOS app, copied to the system clipboard or sent directly to a printer. These and other features make the app worth more than a few dollars.
Voice Reader For Books – Controls And Navigation:
When you look at navigating books and content within the app, it is just arrow-based navigation. Arrows can be used (in combination with other Keystrokes) to do multiple tasks in Voice Reader. The following are some things which you can do without fail here:
- You can navigate by sentence, paragraph, page, chapter, highlights, with just the arrow keys. Also, you can browse through bookmarks that you had prepared with books very quickly and timely. Also through, the controls are very similar to any Audio player controls, with simple keyboard shortcuts to skip 15, 30 and 60 seconds.
- With Voice Dream Reader you get an additional ease of reading with the app recording your progress. The app remembers the speech and visible location of where you last stopped. And you can pick up where you left out and resumed reading easily. With Automatic bookmarking, you are never searching for the pages anymore.
- Apart from the usual audio features, there are additional features which help you do the usual eBook activities. These include Font changes, Highlights, Text highlighting, and Visual location. Also, with inbuilt full-text features, you can easily go for text-to-speech features easily.
- The reader also gets innovative features which help you export texts, highlights, passages and annotations to other apps, without leaving the app. Or just copy them directly to a clipboard, and copy it elsewhere. This way the reader helps you do more than just read the eBooks.
Conclusion Of Voice Dream Reader:
With a range of new audio books, and eBook reader available on the market, you can find what you want. This proposition is further forwarded by this particular app which gives you all the freedom to read the book in the way you want to. The app is especially useful for accessing and reading Audiobooks which is perhaps the next step in eBook reading. However, when you look at the publishing angle of making an eBook, you will find a bit difficulty in managing the book. The problem becomes many folds when you are an independent publisher and are looking out publishing multimedia eBooks.
This is where you need to take the help of a professional publishing services company. We are the world reputed publishing company, which provides cutting edge technology which will have your work come out to the market in the best form possible. Drop us a mail today, and let’s get those books down within no time at all.